1.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Beware of money with this company!!!!

I ordered $117.28 some pick up and some delivered. (This became the worst mistake and realized how corrupt this company is) Right after making my purchase I checked my bank account to see what my new balance was. I had approx. $83 and change. Later on in the morning, I received a text from my bank giving me my balance. My balance was not close to the $83. So I logged in to find out that there was another charge from Kohls for $53.13 (Not authorized). I called Kohls right away to find out what was happening, did someone steal my card info and try to order from there too? Close, the company itself stole the money. They are also trying to say it’s not them it’s the bank that is charging it. (the bank won’t just hold/pend something unless the company tells them to, as if there was a purchase). Kohls also said that they would hold that money till I go in and pick up my items. The amount of my purchases being picked up was not even close to the $53.13, (so where they got that number I am not sure); But that $53.13 was because I made the choice to pick up some items. I picked up my items asap so I could get my money back. It did go back the $53.13 BUT they split up my transaction; pickups, delivery -- Making 2 transactions $46.66 and $64.15 = $110.81, the difference I am to assume is 1 from the ship to store item, which was approx. $7. That amount has yet to hit my account for a hard post and is not pending either, but its available for pick up.

The company is fully aware of the fraud that they are doing, and the only reason they probably aren’t getting in trouble is because the non-authorized amounts never hard post to the account and it’s hard to file fraud or push more when something just pends.

This type of fraud can screw someone up really bad, and there is no one to help them if this company takes everything they have and then some. They won’t pay for overdraft fees, or late payment fees of bills you have to pay; if they hold your money till you get the items from the store. Don’t get yourself screwed over by shopping with Kohls because . I am a more fortunate one that they didn't pull more money than authorized then they did for some people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kohls Website.

Reason of review: fraud/scams.

Preferred solution: stop holding unauthorized funds.

I didn't like: Stealing my hard worked money, Poor policies.

• calling Kohl s
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 25.

Comments

This also just happened to me! I placed an order on Black Friday for $76.51, and they've taken additional pending charges totaling $202.52 from my bank account!

Even though they eventually release the pending charges (7-10 business days), this is THEFT. Once this order all comes in, I am DONE with Kohl's FOREVER.

h.kitchener

You would be wise to 1. not use a debit card or allow anyone to just take money from your bank account and 2.

keep a bigger balance in your checking account in the future.

A good rule of thumb is to keep at least $1,000 in checking and the rest in savings as you can always transfer online from savings to checking when events require it. Because of the very low balance you have in your checking account are we to assume you keep most of your savings in, say mutual funds or similar?

to h.kitchener #1603268

Keep more money in your checking account ..................... that way thieves have a bigger payout from your account. Great advice Clark Howard JR.