I arrived prior to the opening at 8:00 p.m.I expected a long line but also expected accommodations would be made for the handicapped shopper who could not stand in the long line for 3 hrs to get in.

The ADA law was broken, and when I pointed that out, the manager of the store, (who was on the sidewalk) became unhinged. I also pointed out that they were depriving the military wounded and handicapped the chance to spend their money too. The manager was un-phased. Plenty of employees with clip boards worked the crowd signing up shoppers for credit cards, but not one of them was willing to accommodate and elderly handicapped woman, or any other handicapped person that wanted to shop.

I called the kohls store this morning, and yet again was met with disdain from the manager Kim. I called the manager Kim first to let her know that I would file a complaint with the ADA and BBB.

She said, sorry, no accommodations for the handicapped.

Review about: Kohls Manager.

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with the OP's complaint.I believe honestly this person just wanted to move to the front of the line.

He/she could not possibly have expected Kohls to have an abundance of chairs or wheelchairs. What if everyone claimed they were handicapped? Or, what if a mother holding a baby demanded special treatment too because the baby was heavy? Or, a pregnant woman said she couldn't stand long and wanted to move to the head of the line?

PLAN PEOPLE, PLAN!Especially on a day like Black Friday.

Ok, so let me get this straight.You're handicapped, which you made it a point to tell us several times in your complaint.

You went shopping on the busiest night of the year when you knew the lines would be the equivalent of a gas station selling gas for 10 cents a gallon. Then, to top it all expected some sort of accommodation for all the above? Oh, and then you go so far to imply that Kohl's violated the ADA all because of this? No disrespect to your handicap, but I laughed so hard I nearly upchucked my Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich.

And let me know when you figure out what portion of the ADA Kohl's violated.If any lawyer tells you they violated the ADA, then that lawyer deserves to be disbarred.

Odanah, Wisconsin, United States #752724

You are right Mr. Wilson this not what the OP had in mind. The OP wanted privilaged treatment for being handicapped.

A handicapped person in a line I was watching began demanding accommodations. I went to the back to the break room, brought him a chair from the break room, and allowed him to sit in the chair in his spot in the line. Something tells me that's not what he had in mind.

to mr wilson #754171

employees of kohls posting attacking on customers just like the nonsense they do in the stores

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #796960

Wrong, my guess is if you cannot see that the customer is wrong in this situation you are six years old? The problem here is that this customer wants to be treated fairly with his handicap which is fine, but they also want special privileged treatment so that they can get he black Friday item before everyone else using their handicapped to cut I line and that is not right.

Orlando, Florida, United States #751782

Maybe you shouldn't have been shopping thanksgiving night. You choose to go out there where there is a line, then that's on you, NOT KOHLS.

Having prosthetics does not require a wheelchair.I honestly thought this was a site to make the public aware of poor or illegal behavior on the part of a government agency or commercial enterprise.

I didn't realize or ask for anyone's opinion. I merely wanted to make consumers aware. Post again if you must, surely there's other disenfranchised groups that you would rather discriminate against.

As of now, I entertain no further comments.

to Anonymous #751642

That's why I asked what law was broken. Do you know?

to MikeBrady Brecksville, Ohio, United States #752548

That's what I thought.

Chantilly, Virginia, United States #751369

Kohls failed to provide access to handicapped people.The manager Kim, told me to stand in the 1/2 mile line for 3 hrs, like everyone else.

The line snaked itself around into a lower part of the shopping center. So, a person walks down the incline half a mile, stands in line for 3 hours, then walks up the incline to inch into the store. I am not in a wheelchair, it would have been easier if I was. There are 2 ironies here.

I find Kohls merchandise to be rather cheesy, I was there for a small kitchen appliance, so I wasn't going to do any real shopping. AND this website began immediately offering Kohls coupons!

LOL.The store manager told me outright that they were not going to accommodate the handicapped, her words "no, no, no!"

to Anonymous Titusville, Florida, United States #797025

Sounds like they provided you a line, it's not their job to provide you with a chair.

Chantilly, Virginia, United States #751331

Specifically, what part of the ADA law did they violate?If you claim they violated it, you must know what the violation was.

If you could tell us that, it would bolster your claim.

Even if you could tell us exactly what you expected them to do, that would help.Can you tell us exactly how you, the wounded military, or the elderly lady, were not accommodated?

Kohls doen't care about handicapped they don't care about employees they only care about he bottom line.Do you know how much they make on the CREDIT care they push so hard on.

Everything that the employee does is based on the credit card. Hours are based on getting credit applications, bonus for the sr management is based on credit applications.

they care about nothing more then getting you sucked into the CREDIT CARD that they own!.

Ezel, Kentucky, United States #750121

I agree with LTCC, you want to be treated as an equal, yet you want to cut ahead in line by using your handicap. Guess you want to only be treated as an equal if it benefits you but you want special treatment as well if your handicap benefits you.

Anonymous I don't think the ADA allows handicapped people to use their handicap to gain an unfair advantage over others as the OP is trying to gain.

Roll your eyes and continue to discriminate fools.I have rolled through life with more earned money than I need, a beautiful house that I built, and a wonderful college educated tax paying child who is a responsible citizen.

Actually all of my life, except the 2 years that I was paralyzed, has been lived walking under my own power. It matters not to me what the public feels or thinks, and you are a fool if you think anyone cares what you think either.

When entities discriminate they break the law, when you discriminate, it only proves that you are ignorant.

I will echo the first reply at the bottom.The fact that you come on here and throw up the "handicapped" card is about as bad as someone who throws up the race card.

First off, before you go spouting off about how "the ADA law was broken," perhaps you should educate yourself more on what type of accommodations retail store are and aren't required to provide to those with disabilities. If you knew you were going to go shopping on the busiest and craziest night of the year, why didn't you bring your own wheelchair, walker, or whatever other type of handicapped-accessible device with you??? Kohl's is NOT required under the ADA to provide wheelchairs or other such devices. Like LTCC said below, the public is getting sick of those who throw up the handicapped card, which is just as a bad as someone throwing up the race card.

The face that you come on here complaining about something so ridiculous makes me wonder how in the h3ll you even get through life!:roll

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #749896

I will only respond once to the earlier post I left about the lack of handicap accommodations at Kohls.Please educate yourself before unleashing vitriolic diatribe about the handicapped.

The Americans with Disabilities Act was passed 24 years ago. It is considered a civil right and not a mere privilege that some corporations can offer. The day you are denied access to government or commercial entities, will be the day you raise your voice too. Until then, I hope you will keep your uneducated, ignorant point of view to yourself, otherwise everyone around you will instantly know how out of touch and *** you are.

Now hush!

And no, I was not aware that the greedy employees with clipboards were getting $100 each for the credit applications they were filling out for the people in line.Lining your own pockets at someone else's expense is nothing new.

to Anonymous #796820

You don't get paid $100 per application. You get 50 cents and a reprieve from your manager harassing you to get credit.

No one was denying you access to Kohls. They were just denying you the ability to cut everyone else in line.

Did the employees getting credit applications tell you they get PAID extra for that 100 dollar an application they loved being outside getting those applications!! extra money for them