Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Oct 14

what I didn't mention and why I'm so pissed is the fact that Kohls reported to all the credit agency that I was deceased!!

Original review posted by user Sep 19

Kohl's missed my credit report by wrongly entering why I closed my account.Because of it it was not able to get credit.

I have yet to hear an apology. I have been a loyal customer for ten years. But no more. Very unethical customer.

Does not care about their consumer at all. It took me calling the corporate office and several calls to the credit agency to fix my credit. If I did not take the initiative to fix my credit. it probably would of takings years and I would not have been able to get credit for anything.

Kohl's for future please care about your customers.Made sure you train your staffs better so this would not happen to anyone else ever and at the take the responsibly and apologize for your mistake.

Review about: Kohls Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Kohls?

Comments

Agree with the comments below.Regardless of what reason you chose to close your account, it is still going to negatively affect your credit.

And yes, credit agreements state they hold no responsibility of how your credit is negatively affected when you close the account.That's why you agree to those terms when you open the account.

to Anonymous #1379170

They wrote I was deceased on my credit report

MattD78

Again, Capitol One owns the card.The decision to close the card rests with them.

By the way ".

If we close your Account or suspend your credit privileges or any feature, we will not be liable to you for any consequences that result." In the credit card agreement YOU signed, it says if Capitol One closes the account they will not be held responsible for any consequences I.E.YOUR CREDIT RATING and you agreed to this!

to MattD78 #1379171

They wrote I was deceased

Closing a credit card, for any reason, is bad for your credit. It doesn't matter what they put as the reason, that's going to look bad.

to Anonymous #1379172