Kohls - Kohl's "Diamond" Department is a Complete *** to Get You're Money

808 of 872 Kohls reviews

On December 25th 2010, my then boyfriend proposed to me.The ring was beautiful, a bit big but beautiful.

I got compliments on it daily. However, when we did decide to re-size it, they told us we couldn't do to it being sterling silver. They said we could return it for 10% of the ring's original price. Yeah, what the *** ever about that return policy Kohl's.

But I understood, that was my fiance's fault for not doing his homework. So then when a diamond on my five diamond engagement ring was lost all of the sudden, we opted not to return to Kohl's due to their awful return policy. We went to a local jeweler (Simmon's Fine Jewelry) and they were shocked that we paid as much as we did for CUBIC ZIRCONIUM. $600 that was meant for a "diamond" engagement ring thrown to utter waste.

My fiance swears on his life it said diamonds, which I'm inclined to believe him, since most of the "diamond" jewelry there is dirt cheap. I wish I could complain to corporate but as soon as we found out it was a fake, we realized they KEPT THE RECEIPT! So Kohl's is not only a giant ***, they have horrible customer service too. The lady at the other jewelry store felt terrible that they did this to us.

BUYER BEWARE: first off, if you're buying from Kohl's for jewelry, you probably have NO clue about diamonds in the first place. Second, do not spend more than $20 there because really, that's all you need to spend there. OR BETTER YET DON'T SUPPORT THEM AT ALL. No, the manager wasn't contacted, because I'm a manager myself and I know that complaints only go so far.

They can't fix my utter disappointment that I don't have a real ring. They can't fix a lot of things that went wrong in this process because that's how they are doing business. They'll be going out of business because of dissatisfaction of people like me.

And that day is when I'll be satisfied.Bottom line, do not buy from Kohl's "diamond" department, it may be cheap but it's not worth the trouble that a real jewelry store can fix.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 35 Yes 35
808 of 872 Kohls reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 19 #1243098 Frackville, Pennsylvania, United States

I bought a ring from Kohls and one of the diamond's fell out 7 months later. I took it back and I was told they would replace it if it was for the same price and same brand, but if I wanted something different they would give me a discount of 15%. I found one like it and the lady was very nice and I will continue to shop there.

0 0 Reply

Nov 12 #1239764 Tucson, Arizona, United States

"No, the manager wasn't contacted, because I'm a manager myself and I know that complaints only go so far."
You're a bad manager.

2 0 Reply

Jan 10 #1092287

My husband bought me a ring from kohls.com. we got 720 kohls cash that I could never use because they said the kohls cash was duplicate and they would not honor it. I am still fighting this....beware. kohls is nothing but fraud.

0 2 Reply

Dec 18, 2015 #1080866 Williamsburg, Virginia, United States

Yes I just went to Kohls and almost bought a ring until they said they could only resize one size up or down and couldnt even give a date. Left without the ring decided they really didnt want my money anyway with stipulations on it and couldnt provide a timeline as a jeweler would most certainly. They should only be in the costume jewelry business for sure.

0 0 Reply

Dec 01, 2014 #908869

I'm not sure what location your boyfriend purchased the ring... But I have the same ring and it was never displayed as a diamond ring... Also, it was only $150, not $600. Boyfriend lied...

33 0 Reply
unhappy with kohls fake

Oct 21, 2014 #888325 Los Angeles, California, United States

Just happened to do the magnet test on stamped 14k jewelry from Kohls and found out the gold is fake. I bought is a few years ago so I can't take it back now but I will never buy from them again.
Buyer Beware!!!

3 6 Reply
TrinaV

Dec 07, 2013 #754233 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

I have worked in the fine jewelry industry for several years; from Boston Store to Macys to Jared's to Kessler's and have extensive training in the appraisal of diamonds, gold, silver, etc... In fact I am also a pawnbroker, who specializes not only in determining whether jewelry pieces are real/fake, but I examine the pieces and assign them a value based in the cut, color, clarity, and weight. Basically, I know sh*t...and the quality of the jewelry at Kohls is THE SAME as you'll find anywhere else - they have some very nice pieces. BUT sh*t happens....just like anything else in life, things break, fall apart, etc...unfortunately it sounds like you just happened to end up with a ring that wasn't as sturdy or crafted in the same standard as the ring next to it. Like I said, sh*t happens! I am sorry to hear this happened to you; although I don't know you, as a fine jewelry expert, I am hear to tell you it is quite common for a diamond to come loose in it's setting. A good jewelry store or jeweler will replace it for you free of charge. I don't know Kohls policy on this but you gotta tell your man to do his research.
And to all you haters out there saying this woman's boyfriend was deliberately trying to buy her a crappy ring, you're all bogus and completely wrong, because Kohls has the same standards as any other fine jewelry store. Gonna let you in on a little secret: ITS ALL
THE SAME EVERYWHERE!!
HOWEVER, ppl get ripped off all the time because they don't
... Show more

22 2 Reply

Sep 04, 2014 #865561

Hi, I see you are in Milwaukee. I actually got an amazing engagement ring from Kohls. And two years later is still good. Do you recommend any place in Milwaukee that I can go to to get it cleaned?

4 0 Reply
Mel

Jan 08, 2015 #927803

I got a pair of platinum over sterling diamond and sapphire earrings for Christmas and found out yesterday that not only are they NOT platinum OR sterling but the stones are fake as well.

2 0 Reply
nganga

Dec 02, 2013 #751347

Your boyfriend is cheap and liar.. He bought you fake diamond ring and blame the retailer.. so sad....you should dump his ***.

14 0 Reply
Kim

Sep 25, 2013 #721623

My husband purchased me a supposed $4000 diamond wedding ring that was $1300 on sale at Kohl's in April 2013 for our 23rd Anniversary. I have been wearing the ring a whole 5 months and while I was washing my hands, the center diamond (the big one) fell off in the sink. I caught it before it could go down the drain, thank goodness. I can't believe what cheap craftsmanship the suppliers for Kohl's use in making their jewelry and shame on Kohl's for purchasing. I do still have the receipt, but it's been more than 90 days, so I am assured of a battle to get anything done about it. Warning: Avoid Kohl's jewelry at all cost, the big discounts are there for a reason (cheap ***).

2 7 Reply
laffin

May 17, 2013 #652450

He should've went to Jared's

10 1 Reply
Lacy

Sep 25, 2013 #721639

LMAO...so true!! I am sure he learned from his mistake. :roll

0 2 Reply
KohlsDiamondGuru

May 17, 2013 #652435

That brand ring is what they call "Diamondluxe". The Swarovski Crystal company produces them. They are not diamonds, but they are guaranteed not to change in color like zirconia's. Because they are made by Swarovski, they are basically crystals which can be quite valuable.
He didn't buy a piece of *** by any means...just wasn't an actual diamond.

7 0 Reply
diane

Feb 12, 2013 #607624

you state that you has your reciept and they only offered you 10% of the purchase price. That is where I know you are lying. Returns with a reciept are returned for the price paid. I think your boyfriend lied to you from the start. Sorry

10 0 Reply
Katie

Sep 25, 2013 #721628

Wow, nice jab at her boyfriend. If she was past the 90 days, they would only offer her that 10% discount...I use to work as a manager in retail. Since Kohl's kept her receipt after she pointed out it was fake, she really has no way of getting a full refund. Kohl's is notorious for cheap jewelry, not researching better is the only fault of her boyfriends.

1 2 Reply
Grace

May 25, 2012 #485797

Everyone knows you can't purchase a ring with diamonds as the one you have shown for $600.00. That price was probabibly their regular price, that they never sell it for...their sterling silver jewelry is always 50%-60% off & you can get an additional 15%-30% off with a Kohl's charge

6 0 Reply
gtfo

May 15, 2012 #480411

Your boyfriend bought you a cheap ring and you're blaming the retailer. How naïve are you?

9 0 Reply
Katie

Sep 25, 2013 #721634

That's just bull ***, Kohl's carries $2000 supposed diamond rings that go on sale all the time for 60-70% off (especially during the holidays) and that would put the price at around $600-800, so stop calling people naive because the store uses deceptive sales practices.

3 3 Reply

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.