Boise, Idaho
14.1K views 34 comments

On December 25th 2010, my then boyfriend proposed to me.The ring was beautiful, a bit big but beautiful.

I got compliments on it daily. However, when we did decide to re-size it, they told us we couldn't do to it being sterling silver. They said we could return it for 10% of the ring's original price. Yeah, what the *** ever about that return policy Kohl's.

But I understood, that was my fiance's fault for not doing his homework. So then when a diamond on my five diamond engagement ring was lost all of the sudden, we opted not to return to Kohl's due to their awful return policy. We went to a local jeweler (Simmon's Fine Jewelry) and they were shocked that we paid as much as we did for CUBIC ZIRCONIUM. $600 that was meant for a "diamond" engagement ring thrown to utter waste.

My fiance swears on his life it said diamonds, which I'm inclined to believe him, since most of the "diamond" jewelry there is dirt cheap. I wish I could complain to corporate but as soon as we found out it was a fake, we realized they KEPT THE RECEIPT! So Kohl's is not only a giant ***, they have horrible customer service too. The lady at the other jewelry store felt terrible that they did this to us.

BUYER BEWARE: first off, if you're buying from Kohl's for jewelry, you probably have NO clue about diamonds in the first place. Second, do not spend more than $20 there because really, that's all you need to spend there. OR BETTER YET DON'T SUPPORT THEM AT ALL. No, the manager wasn't contacted, because I'm a manager myself and I know that complaints only go so far.

They can't fix my utter disappointment that I don't have a real ring. They can't fix a lot of things that went wrong in this process because that's how they are doing business. They'll be going out of business because of dissatisfaction of people like me.

And that day is when I'll be satisfied.Bottom line, do not buy from Kohl's "diamond" department, it may be cheap but it's not worth the trouble that a real jewelry store can fix.

Had an Experience with Kohls?

Comments

Zion, Illinois, United States #1313031

So you start by writing a review and move on to criticize future buyers telling them "you probably have NO clue about diamonds in the first place". I think thats you reflecting on your poorly informed or "budget minded fiancé.

Word of advice, if you want attention on a review stick to the facts and don't be pretentious to your audience!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1272333

Obviously your fiancé knowingly bought cubic zirconium hoping you would never find out. If you knew anything about diamonds, you would know that the ring in the picture would cost WAY more than $600 - if it were real diamonds.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1268036

Let me please inform you people.When you get a diamond 'cheap' anywhere but a pawn shop, please understand you are either getting a cubic or a crappy diamond.

Diamonds are NOT cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$600 bucks for that ring, which would clearly have been stamped 925 on the inside (which is the code for silver), with flat, sparkly stones would have been a clear indication that those were not diamonds. Now, yes, diamonds, if they are clean, are sparkly.

But if you take a bit of time to learn something, you can pick out a diamond from any other stone by sight.Get yourself a loupe and learn to use it, and you can get even better at it.

The fact that your man bought that ring for $600 should have clued you in.

And it is ALWAYS: buyer beware.

Blacklick, Ohio, United States #1267135

I just got a ring for Christmas from there and yet two weeks later two of the diamonds fell out

whew i was going to kohls tonight to get jewlery for my wife. moving on to next store

Galt, California, United States #1253707

Lol, I think the boy friend knew he was buying cubic zirconia and lied to cover his cheap ***!!!

Frackville, Pennsylvania, United States #1243098

I bought a ring from Kohls and one of the diamond's fell out 7 months later. I took it back and I was told they would replace it if it was for the same price and same brand, but if I wanted something different they would give me a discount of 15%. I found one like it and the lady was very nice and I will continue to shop there.

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1239764

"No, the manager wasn't contacted, because I'm a manager myself and I know that complaints only go so far."

You're a bad manager.

My husband bought me a ring from kohls.com.we got 720 kohls cash that I could never use because they said the kohls cash was duplicate and they would not honor it.

I am still fighting this....beware.kohls is nothing but fraud.

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States #1080866

Yes I just went to Kohls and almost bought a ring until they said they could only resize one size up or down and couldnt even give a date. Left without the ring decided they really didnt want my money anyway with stipulations on it and couldnt provide a timeline as a jeweler would most certainly. They should only be in the costume jewelry business for sure.