Kohls - Kohl's "Diamond" Department is a Complete *** to Get You're Money

855 of 919 Kohls reviews

On December 25th 2010, my then boyfriend proposed to me.The ring was beautiful, a bit big but beautiful.

I got compliments on it daily. However, when we did decide to re-size it, they told us we couldn't do to it being sterling silver. They said we could return it for 10% of the ring's original price. Yeah, what the *** ever about that return policy Kohl's.

But I understood, that was my fiance's fault for not doing his homework. So then when a diamond on my five diamond engagement ring was lost all of the sudden, we opted not to return to Kohl's due to their awful return policy. We went to a local jeweler (Simmon's Fine Jewelry) and they were shocked that we paid as much as we did for CUBIC ZIRCONIUM. $600 that was meant for a "diamond" engagement ring thrown to utter waste.

My fiance swears on his life it said diamonds, which I'm inclined to believe him, since most of the "diamond" jewelry there is dirt cheap. I wish I could complain to corporate but as soon as we found out it was a fake, we realized they KEPT THE RECEIPT! So Kohl's is not only a giant ***, they have horrible customer service too. The lady at the other jewelry store felt terrible that they did this to us.

BUYER BEWARE: first off, if you're buying from Kohl's for jewelry, you probably have NO clue about diamonds in the first place. Second, do not spend more than $20 there because really, that's all you need to spend there. OR BETTER YET DON'T SUPPORT THEM AT ALL. No, the manager wasn't contacted, because I'm a manager myself and I know that complaints only go so far.

They can't fix my utter disappointment that I don't have a real ring. They can't fix a lot of things that went wrong in this process because that's how they are doing business. They'll be going out of business because of dissatisfaction of people like me.

And that day is when I'll be satisfied.Bottom line, do not buy from Kohl's "diamond" department, it may be cheap but it's not worth the trouble that a real jewelry store can fix.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 35 Yes 35
855 of 919 Kohls reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 17 #1272333 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Obviously your fiancé knowingly bought cubic zirconium hoping you would never find out. If you knew anything about diamonds, you would know that the ring in the picture would cost WAY more than $600 - if it were real diamonds.

LadyScot

Jan 09 #1268036 Naples, Florida, United States

Let me please inform you people. When you get a diamond 'cheap' anywhere but a pawn shop, please understand you are either getting a cubic or a crappy diamond. Diamonds are NOT cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$600 bucks for that ring, which would clearly have been stamped 925 on the inside (which is the code for silver), with flat, sparkly stones would have been a clear indication that those were not diamonds. Now, yes, diamonds, if they are clean, are sparkly. But if you take a bit of time to learn something, you can pick out a diamond from any other stone by sight. Get yourself a loupe and learn to use it, and you can get even better at it.
The fact that your man bought that ring for $600 should have clued you in.
And it is ALWAYS: buyer beware.

1 0 Reply

Jan 07 #1267135 Blacklick, Ohio, United States

I just got a ring for Christmas from there and yet two weeks later two of the diamonds fell out

Dec 22, 2016 #1259543

whew i was going to kohls tonight to get jewlery for my wife. moving on to next store

Dec 11, 2016 #1253707 Galt, California, United States

Lol, I think the boy friend knew he was buying cubic zirconia and lied to cover his cheap ***!!!

4 0 Reply

Nov 19, 2016 #1243098 Frackville, Pennsylvania, United States

I bought a ring from Kohls and one of the diamond's fell out 7 months later. I took it back and I was told they would replace it if it was for the same price and same brand, but if I wanted something different they would give me a discount of 15%. I found one like it and the lady was very nice and I will continue to shop there.

2 0 Reply

Nov 12, 2016 #1239764 Tucson, Arizona, United States

"No, the manager wasn't contacted, because I'm a manager myself and I know that complaints only go so far."
You're a bad manager.

7 0 Reply

Jan 10, 2016 #1092287

My husband bought me a ring from kohls.com. we got 720 kohls cash that I could never use because they said the kohls cash was duplicate and they would not honor it. I am still fighting this....beware. kohls is nothing but fraud.

0 2 Reply

Dec 18, 2015 #1080866 Williamsburg, Virginia, United States

Yes I just went to Kohls and almost bought a ring until they said they could only resize one size up or down and couldnt even give a date. Left without the ring decided they really didnt want my money anyway with stipulations on it and couldnt provide a timeline as a jeweler would most certainly. They should only be in the costume jewelry business for sure.

Dec 01, 2014 #908869

I'm not sure what location your boyfriend purchased the ring... But I have the same ring and it was never displayed as a diamond ring... Also, it was only $150, not $600. Boyfriend lied...

40 0 Reply
unhappy with kohls fake

Oct 21, 2014 #888325 Los Angeles, California, United States

Just happened to do the magnet test on stamped 14k jewelry from Kohls and found out the gold is fake. I bought is a few years ago so I can't take it back now but I will never buy from them again.
Buyer Beware!!!

3 6 Reply
TrinaV

Dec 07, 2013 #754233 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

I have worked in the fine jewelry industry for several years; from Boston Store to Macys to Jared's to Kessler's and have extensive training in the appraisal of diamonds, gold, silver, etc... In fact I am also a pawnbroker, who specializes not only in determining whether jewelry pieces are real/fake, but I examine the pieces and assign them a value based in the cut, color, clarity, and weight. Basically, I know sh*t...and the quality of the jewelry at Kohls is THE SAME as you'll find anywhere else - they have some very nice pieces. BUT sh*t happens....just like anything else in life, things break, fall apart, etc...unfortunately it sounds like you just happened to end up with a ring that wasn't as sturdy or crafted in the same standard as the ring next to it. Like I said, sh*t happens! I am sorry to hear this happened to you; although I don't know you, as a fine jewelry expert, I am hear to tell you it is quite common for a diamond to come loose in it's setting. A good jewelry store or jeweler will replace it for you free of charge. I don't know Kohls policy on this but you gotta tell your man to do his research.
And to all you haters out there saying this woman's boyfriend was deliberately trying to buy her a crappy ring, you're all bogus and completely wrong, because Kohls has the same standards as any other fine jewelry store. Gonna let you in on a little secret: ITS ALL
THE SAME EVERYWHERE!!
HOWEVER, ppl get ripped off all the time because they don't
... Show more

24 2 Reply

Sep 04, 2014 #865561

Hi, I see you are in Milwaukee. I actually got an amazing engagement ring from Kohls. And two years later is still good. Do you recommend any place in Milwaukee that I can go to to get it cleaned?

5 0 Reply
Mel

Jan 08, 2015 #927803

I got a pair of platinum over sterling diamond and sapphire earrings for Christmas and found out yesterday that not only are they NOT platinum OR sterling but the stones are fake as well.

2 0 Reply

Dec 19, 2016 #1258114

*** yeah, I just bought a bad *** lookong 1/2 carat diamond ring at khols the lady used this fancy shmancy gadget to show me the diamond was real. I was like *** yes gimme that shitadies like shiny stuff. This lady should not be so upset and appreciate the fact that her dude wanted to marry her. I know if my lady complains about this ring about to give her, I'll just be looking to replace her instead of the ring. It really is the thought that counts man.

0 1 Reply
nganga

Dec 02, 2013 #751347

Your boyfriend is cheap and liar.. He bought you fake diamond ring and blame the retailer.. so sad....you should dump his ***.

16 0 Reply
Kim

Sep 25, 2013 #721623

My husband purchased me a supposed $4000 diamond wedding ring that was $1300 on sale at Kohl's in April 2013 for our 23rd Anniversary. I have been wearing the ring a whole 5 months and while I was washing my hands, the center diamond (the big one) fell off in the sink. I caught it before it could go down the drain, thank goodness. I can't believe what cheap craftsmanship the suppliers for Kohl's use in making their jewelry and shame on Kohl's for purchasing. I do still have the receipt, but it's been more than 90 days, so I am assured of a battle to get anything done about it. Warning: Avoid Kohl's jewelry at all cost, the big discounts are there for a reason (cheap ***).

2 7 Reply
LadyScot

Jan 09 #1268040 Naples, Florida, United States

That does not mean the ring was ***. It means the setting came loose. It can happen even with a ring from Jarred's or Dunkin's. Why are you washing dishes or doing any manual labor with your set on? I never do that. My diamond has been perfect for 25 years.
At any rate, no matter where you bought your ring, you should have it insured and take it to a jeweler (JEWELER not jewelry store) to have it remounted. The reason I say JEWELER is that jewelry stores tend to bad mouth each other to the competition's customers.

laffin

May 17, 2013 #652450

He should've went to Jared's

11 1 Reply

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Kohls. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Kohls.
Filing a new complaint about
×