3.1
Layout of Store

I am writing to let it be known that customer service at the Kohl's in Havertown, 250 W Chester Pike, Havertown, PA 19083, has seriously declined to the point I will no longer shop there.

I don’t know who is doing the hiring there but they are certainly not setting the bar high. I’ll give you a few examples:

It’s the holidays, so I have made roughly 3 trips there since mid-December. About 2 weeks ago I was paying for my items. The female at the cash register just sat there chewing gum, very loudly, mouth open, and acting like she was doing me a favor. I was totally grossed out with her loud gum chewing and attitude. God Forbid somebody say "Hi, can I help you," or "Thank you," when the transition is complete.

I was in there yesterday, 01-18-16, and again, ran into store associates who could care less about anything. There was a young male standing in the men’s outerwear section. I asked if he could point me in the direction of luggage. He didn’t even look at me and stated, "Over there," without pointing in any direction. I started at him for a second because I thought at this point maybe something was mentally wrong with him. Another young man then approached me and told me where to go.

Same day (yesterday), I am standing in line ready to check out. The one young lady at one of the registers had a huge nose ring in her nose. As I was stunned to see that a company would let their store associates who deal with customers wear anything want, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a young male standing at the end register with his finger in the air. After a few seconds I realized that this finger in the air must mean the next person.

I walked to the register with my item (a luggage set) and put it on the counter. He never said hi, or any other word. He actually just stared at me. At this point I was getting irate. After a good awkward moment of us staring at each other, he mumbled, "oh, you’re purchasing this," which was extremely difficult for me to decipher. Why else would I have put it on the counter if I am not buying it?

I am a professional who spent $300.00 there. I don’t expect everybody to be perfect, but a few very simple things, like "Hi" or "Can I help you" or "Thank you" are not too much to ask. I don’t expect somebody to be chewing gum like a cow with an attitude or blow me off by saying "over there" without pointing to anything, or a cashier to give me a blank stare when I’m trying to check out.

Just a word of advice. If you want people who are going to spend real money shopping there, I suggest you perform a customer service make-over, because right now, it looks like there are no standards. Either pay better wages for higher quality or fire your hiring manager and hire somebody who knows what customer service is, because right now, customer service there is substandard, to say the least.

If you want Kohl’s to turn into Walmart, keep doing what you’re doing.

rich19007 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Kohls. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Kohls to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Also, this reviewer considered the following companies: Pier 1 Imports, Target, Amazon or Ikea. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Kohls luggage set for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

#1419394

You sound like a see you next Tuesday

TheKohlsExtraordinaire

Agree with the comment below.This is not a site where you'll get a response from the company.

If you were that bent out of shape over how you were treated those three times you shopped there, then why didn't you speak to a Manager? Or if you were uncomfortable with speaking to a Manager in person, you could have called and spoke to the Manager over the phone once you left the store. First off, you shouldn't get so uptight about piddly stuff such as associates chewing gum, having a nose ring, etc. Is it truly going to affect your life that much to where you simply won't be able to continue enjoying life?

If that's the case, then I suggest you rethink some things in life instead of letting those kind of little things bother you so much.Though I realize how you feel about the way you were treated by the associates you encountered, you have to realize these are associates who are barely making minimum wage, who get treated like cr@p, and don't have time to act like the customers are their BFF's.

to TheKohlsExtraordinaire #1107161

"Is it truly going to affect your life that much to where you simply won't be able to go on enjoying life?"- is that the standard for whether someone should make a customer service complaint?I mean, give me a break.

I find it interesting that "barely making minimum wage" would be one of the excuses for poor customer service. I've found that the people who are overqualified and working jobs at Kohl's, etc. because of the bad economy are generally polite and professional. It's those who do not have marketable skills and are not qualified for better jobs that have the attitude.

If your skill set is such that you are only qualified for a minimum wage job, how can you be angry that you're making minimum wage? How can you justify treating customers poorly because of what you're being paid? What job and pay, in that case, would you expect to have?

That's not an excuse.Employees of all jobs need to be polite and professional, and a complaint that a store's employees have failed to do so is absolutely legitimate.

1.This website isn't affiliated with Kohl's.

Your sending your suggestions to no one.

You're seriously freaking out over a nose ring?Nobody cares.

to Anonymous #1107366