50 views
Verified Reviewer

My granddaughter, Lacy Herrera an employee at your North Fontana, Summit store was placed on suspension. She is waiting for a decision from Human Resources as to termination etc.

She apparently utilized Kohl's cash and her employee discount on family. Furthermore, she was taken to an office and called a thief. She is a minor should not have been interviewed without a parent or guardian. She made a mistake and is regretful but is now stressed out and upset.

I pray you will take appropriate action to train staff on these issues to avoid such a situation for younger employees. Your promotions are hard to follow for even myself a Kohl's cardholder. I plan on taking further action should this incident mark Lacy's job history. I worked in loss prevention and retired after many years of law enforcement.

I am currently an advocate for the elderly in San Bernardino County and intend to clear her name.

Please forward this email to the proper desk if sent to the wrong department. Ralph Herrera 951 313 ****

Product or Service Mentioned: Kohls Facility.

Preferred solution: My granddaughter reinstated..

Kohls Pros: Nice store setup and dispalys.

Comments

#2003918

My friend, she simply gave her grandmother an employee discount.She did not rob a bank of commit a felony. Poor training can lead to such errors and I also observed other employees do the same.

I was just trying to protect the integrity of teenagers. Their interviewing technique included yelling and accusing her of theft.

Do not ever let anyone treat your family like this. the interview was actually an interrogation and they should have had a parent present.

#2006297
@Ralph H

No parent needed to be present if it was limited to the employer. Once/if police show up then it’s a different story.

#2002932

So your granddaughter did something wrong, let her suffer the consequences. Maybe you need to take appropriate action towards your granddaughter and tell her she did wrong, They are not going to reinstate her.

You can take all the action you want, but your granddaughter was wrong. Keep doing this and she will do as she pleases, because she knows if she does wrong grandpa will bail her out.

#2002819

When you worked law enforcement and loss prevention did you allow suspects who you had substantial evidence on to just walk away if you received a sob story e mail from their grandfather???? She rolled the dice at the scam and cought red handed, why should she be exempt from laws and store policies everyone else has to follow???

#2002928
@PissedConsumer2002819

You are responding either knowing something I didn't know but either way this case involved poor training. She worked a register within an hour of her seasonal job.

I am sure she signed a document saying she read and understood the employee discount program, but not given a copy of the same document to study later. It all comes down to training.

#2003667
@Ralph H

So if committed a felony in plain view of you working law enforcement, you feel I would be exempt from prosecution if I simply said " the government never trained me about laws"????

Kohls Reviews