1.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased a pair of sneakers on 10/18/16 and received $10 Kohl's cash with the purchase.The sneakers were not the right brand, so I returned on 10/20/16 to exchange the pair for a higher priced pair and bought a sweater, in addition to the sneakers.

My Kohl's cash was revoked because I returned the initial pair of shoes.

It didn't matter that I exchanged them for a higher priced pair, nor that I purchased an additional item.What kind of customer service is this and how do you expect people to return with this kind of policy in place?

This reviewer shared experience about "policies and store procedures" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $10. cyrjanis77 is overall dissatisfied with Kohls. The most disappointing about a product or service at Kohls was policies for kohls cash on exchanged items, prices are way too high and will not give full refund even with receipt , but reviewer liked what is offered in the store. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Pier 1 Imports or Target that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Kohls.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Supermarkets and Malls category for more informed decision or compare Kohls to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Kohls?

Comments

Madison, Wisconsin, United States #1247192

Anonymous from Evansville, Indiana is certainly an employee of Kohl's or they wouldn't be taking such personal offense at the complaint of the original poster.'Follow the rules or don't shop there'?

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If you don't care about losing long-term card-holding customers who will bad-mouth your establishment, then there's something wrong, clearly, with the way you are conducting business. Waterbury isn't trying to get away with anything nor am I -- higher priced items were purchased since the original was not available when attempting an exchange.

However, you, Evansville, seem to also have a problem with reading comprehension.Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States #1247187

Had the exact same experience!

Evansville, Indiana, United States #1246675

It's a corporate policy, and is stated clearly on the Kohl's cash, as well as your receipt.A manager can't just choose to not follow a corporate policy because they don't agree with it.

Follow the rules, or don't shop there.Bye.

to Anonymous Waterbury, Connecticut, United States #1246703

This is about a policy that should be changed, where, in specific circumstances, a manager should have the authority to override.It is not about the money I lost because I still paid for the items and walked away fine with it.

However, it was not a return. In all essence, it was an exchange for a higher priced item plus an additional item. A circumstance, which should be allowed to be overlooked. The policy should be modified.

I am a business manager/owner and my number one priority is making sure my customers are satisfied. If they have a complaint, I hear them out. Without my consumers, I wouldn't have lasted twenty years and be so successful. I make it a point to go above and beyond for my customers, much like Walter Disney did for his patrons.

Because my customers know I genuinely care and listen, they continue to come back. Again, your poor judgement and lack of respect for others reflects poorly on the Kohls brand name. It also shows your level of intelligence businesswise. You should probably take a class on Competitive Intelligence.

You would learn a lot. It's funny, the same people post the same negative comments on everyone's complaints.

What exactly are you trying to prove here?

Syracuse, New York, United States #1246274

Kohl's Cash is only earned at certain times in the month.You didn't exchange.

To exchange, it has to be the same brand and same price. You did a return and then purchased another pair of shoes in a totally separate transaction, on a day they weren't giving out Kohl's Cash.

Sales and promotions change in every store.Get over it.

to Anonymous Waterbury, Connecticut, United States #1246307

Obviously you work for them, or are not a business manager. As a business manager, or owner, you would recognize a poor policy that could have feet areas to it and adjust for it. Your sarcasm just shows your level of intelligence and the poor attitudes associated with the Kohls brand name.