Resolved
3.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I received a Kohl's promotional advertisement to take 30% off my purchase.This is something I have used many times before without any problem.

This time, when purchasing a rather expensive winter jacket I was advised that the brand "Columbia" was excluded from the promotion and I should have looked at the back page in fine print indicating that "Columbia" products were excluded. Kohl's seems to be suddenly very covertly excluding specific brand products which do my knowledge, never happened before. The face of the coupon says: YES Take an extra 30% off with a promo code. It does have in smaller font below: See back for details.

I cannot say enough to express my disappointment with Kohl's over this matter. I am now seriously considering shredding my Kohl's card and taking my business elsewhere.

Although I take FULL responsible for not reading the fine print on the back page, it will be Kohl's loss of a devoted customer who has spent a fortune there on clothing products over the last few years.A.L.

Review about: Kohls Advertisement.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with Kohls?

Comments

Come on.You sound so ***.

Does all these comments below make sense to you now?

Do you understand coupons now?I sure hope so!

That has nothing to do with Kohl's lol. The brands are the ones who decide whether to allow coupons or not, Kohl's cannot do anything about it.

North Royalton, Ohio, United States #1275418

What exactly is "covert" about listing the exclusions on the ad?The exclusions come from the brands themselves.

Columbia makes the decision to not allow the discount, not Kohl's.All the signs by the excluded merchandise say that they are not eligible for discounts.

Columbia, Missouri, United States #1275222

It is not unlike Kohl's to offer 30% off.At times this is either a promotion for their Kohl's card holders.

This happened just recently during black Friday 2016.

As for Columbia being excluded, this sounds to be a recent change. I came across this as well recently when I bought my Columbia jacket. I was informed that this a choice with the brand Columbia and not the store specifically.

If you go to other stores you will notice that their coupons can not be used for certain brands. This makes sense.

This happens and can change over time. At times these brands will go on sale, and you can see this in multiple stores because the brand itself is going to have a sale rather than getting a discount from the store itself for the specific department.

Understanding this is fundamental to being a customer in general.

It sounds misleading in the case of advertisements if one is not fully knowledgeable.If you are not sure of something, I would do some research in order to fully understand what is going on.

AL2017
Peekskill, New York, United States #1275193

This is the first time I have ever heard of a store like Kohl's offering a 30% discount and then specifically excluding specific clothing products.This will most certainly have an effect on sales and encourage shoppers to take their business elsewhere.

I would think that Kohl's would try to resolve this issue quickly.

Many companies seem to be using misleading advertisements in the interest of fooling the consumers.Just goes to show we have to read everything in fine print.

to Anonymous Evansville, Indiana, United States #1276443

It's not Kohl's doing it you twit.It's Columbia itself.

Same with Nike, Fitbit, Levi's, etc. Try using a coupon on those brands with ANY retailer.

And no it does not hurt sales.Customers still buy the items, they just pay more for it.