I purchased a Kitchenaid mixer from kohls.com on November 24th.It was advertised as an early Black Friday deal for $224.00, but with the code advertised, the price dropped to $210.00.
An additional $50 rebate was offered through kitchen aid, lowering the price to $160.00, which is a great price. This mixer is normally $350.00. I got a confirmation from kohls that it had shipped and would be delivered by December 5th. I checked the tracking after several days and it had stayed at its first location, and it said tracking was unavailable.
This continued until December 10th, when I called the customer service number and spoke to someone there. She said she'd open a case, and if it wasn't found I would get my money back. I told her I didn't want the money, I just wanted the mixer, as I would not be able to buy it at the price it is now. I said I could just get store credit so I could get the mixer at the kohls store by me, so long as the credit paid for the mixer which is now on sale for $250.
I called back the next day and was told by a different kohls worker, "To be honest with you, we will probably credit your account." I told him that would NOT be acceptable since I can not get the mixer for that price anywhere now that the Black Friday deals are over. I asked to speak to his manager. I was then explaining this to the manager, Alex, who told me the mixer was lost and he would make a deal with me. He would credit my account the $210.00.
Then he would sell the mixer to me for $173.00. I explained that was $13.00 more than the price I was promised. He explained he couldn't get it lower and it was better than waiting for a rebate. I told him I don't mind waiting for a rebate.
I explained that I don't have enough money in my bank account to have him take out$173.00 without him making sure the $210 was credited to my account first. He told me to call back when I had enough money in my account and then I could get the $173 deal. At this point, I decided I would do without the mixer and NEVER shop at Kohls again. He apologized that I wouldn't be getting the mixer.
He acknowledged it was a great deal.
He said he got one for his mom for Christmas.I expressed how happy I was that hers didn't get lost in the mail.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Never received merchandise I paid for. Was lost in mail and I can no longer get it at the price I paid. Terrible customer service
- Preferred solution:
- I proposed that they allow me to go to the kohls store and simply pick up the mixer I bought at kohls.com, since they lost my mixer. They would not do this. They credited my account and I can't afford to buy the mixer at the price it is now.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Mixer
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased Apt 9 pants from Kohl's about a month ago. I have worn the pants 3 times( I wear them in an office where I sit most of the..."
- "Ordered a pair of sunglasses, they sent the wrong pair will not give my money back. They blame their dispatch, whatever that means. They won't accept responsibility. They just want..."
- "please just look at the similarity of designs he sent in comparison to work he has done before I approached luckasz on Facebook as I was looking for a professional..."
- "I took my puppy in to be groomed at PetCo thinking that because of the high cost I would have no problems and that my poodle would be properly done...."
- "I ordered $3072.77 worth of double hung windows with lattice on Jan 4,2014 from the DFW Window World (WW) Office. The windows were installed on March 19, 2014. After install..."
- "I wish I had found this site BEFORE we got ripped off by AC. We are staring at a busted $1500 range with no idea when or if we..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."