I purchased a Kitchenaid mixer from kohls.com on November 24th.It was advertised as an early Black Friday deal for $224.00, but with the code advertised, the price dropped to $210.00.
An additional $50 rebate was offered through kitchen aid, lowering the price to $160.00, which is a great price. This mixer is normally $350.00. I got a confirmation from kohls that it had shipped and would be delivered by December 5th. I checked the tracking after several days and it had stayed at its first location, and it said tracking was unavailable.
This continued until December 10th, when I called the customer service number and spoke to someone there. She said she'd open a case, and if it wasn't found I would get my money back. I told her I didn't want the money, I just wanted the mixer, as I would not be able to buy it at the price it is now. I said I could just get store credit so I could get the mixer at the kohls store by me, so long as the credit paid for the mixer which is now on sale for $250.
I called back the next day and was told by a different kohls worker, "To be honest with you, we will probably credit your account." I told him that would NOT be acceptable since I can not get the mixer for that price anywhere now that the Black Friday deals are over. I asked to speak to his manager. I was then explaining this to the manager, Alex, who told me the mixer was lost and he would make a deal with me. He would credit my account the $210.00.
Then he would sell the mixer to me for $173.00. I explained that was $13.00 more than the price I was promised. He explained he couldn't get it lower and it was better than waiting for a rebate. I told him I don't mind waiting for a rebate.
I explained that I don't have enough money in my bank account to have him take out$173.00 without him making sure the $210 was credited to my account first. He told me to call back when I had enough money in my account and then I could get the $173 deal. At this point, I decided I would do without the mixer and NEVER shop at Kohls again. He apologized that I wouldn't be getting the mixer.
He acknowledged it was a great deal.
He said he got one for his mom for Christmas.I expressed how happy I was that hers didn't get lost in the mail.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Never received merchandise I paid for. Was lost in mail and I can no longer get it at the price I paid. Terrible customer service
- Preferred solution:
- I proposed that they allow me to go to the kohls store and simply pick up the mixer I bought at kohls.com, since they lost my mixer. They would not do this. They credited my account and I can't afford to buy the mixer at the price it is now.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Mixer
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am currently STILL waiting to complete my purchase online! At twenty minutes after clicking "buy" still "adding" my purchase to my cart! I feel like the put products on..."
- "I found a really nice white juicy purse with pink silk in inside at Kohl's. Within a 2 weeks of using the purse, the inside pink silk type lining..."
- "I started using Listia 3 years ago, and I've seen everything there is to see on the website. I also experimented quite a bit with the many features of the..."
- "Anyway on 3/08/16 i purchased a intex 22in highrise air bed and about 6 more items from walmart and i purchased the 2yr. Protection plan with the mattress alright 2..."
- "Dr. Paul Salinas misdiagnosed my case and elected an aggressive surgery when a radiology report stated surgery wasn't necessary at this time. I was alone in the hospital on strong..."
- "I hired Ruth Maldonado from Ruth’s ReVamp, Lewisville Texas, for a move-out cleaning. When deciding on date to come, I asked her if she had help since I was concerned..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent..."
- "RICARDO SAENZ IS A SCAM! DO NOT HIRE RICARDO SAENZ! I hired him to help handle my mother's affairs and he stole money from her and charged her..."