• show-popup

Product / Service Messed Up Dinnerware Set Order
Category Supermarkets and Malls
Views 46

Update added by user Jan 10
As of 12/30/2013, I was told by a Kohl's Customer Service representative that they would credit my account for the amount that I paid for the 16 piece dinnerware set. I was told it would take up to 5 to 7 business days to appear on my account. Now, I sent them an email on 01/09/2014, wanting to know where my credit was and now they tell me to please be patient with them that it is now going to take anywhere from 10 - 14 days to get the credit on my account. In their email response to me, I was told that if my account is not credited by 01/17/2014, to please reply back to their email. This is totally ridiculous to treat their customers like this. Their excuse is that they are really busy -- yeah I guess handling all of the complaints!

Original review posted by user Dec 11, 2013

I ordered a 16 piece American Atelier set for a friend of mine who is a chef.I clicked on the picture shown on the Kohls.com website and liked this set.

It was square plates with red inside and the outside had black trim with gold stripes. When my friend received this gift, it was not the set that I saw online and purchased. Instead, Kohls sent him some dark red set that looked nothing like the photo online. If it had been something for myself and I opened it up to find the wrong item, I would have immediately sent it back, but in this case, this was a GIFT for someone else who didn't know any better and opened the set up and started using it.

I called Kohls on 1211/2013 and got a bunch of foreign people who I could hear in the background laughing and the lady that I spoke to, told me that I had to wait 5 days to get a response. I told her that I had already emailed Kohls.com and when I saw that it would take this long to get a response back via email, I telephoned them instead hoping to get help sooner. She unfortunately didn't speak good English and I finally asked to speak to her supervisor.

She continued telling me, "okay my supervisor is coming" but he never came to the phone and I could hear laughing in the background.I WILL NEVER order again from Kohls especially around the holidays if this is the kind of customer service I am going to get. 3010778

Comments (2) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 12, 2013
they do this all the time. Send you something different that what you ordered and I have been told that somehow we agree to it when we place an order. different color,different style, different item. not an issue with kohls an issue with us the customer that do the ordering they somehow have a disclaimer that they can do what ever they want!!
Reply to XCUSTOMER

Dec 12, 2013
Well, if you ask me, I think it is a bait and switch deal. They must have had some old dinnerware they wanted to get rid of and they figured since this was a gift, the recipient wouldn't know the difference! But after an hour over the phone with another representative, they claim I am being refunded on my Kohls charge account. So we will see. :)
Reply to Anonymous

Read next Kohls complaint

Slow shipping, No communication

I recently purchased a ring from kohls.com.Order took 3 business days to ship, which I understand th...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Kohls.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug