kohls cash new policy 2012 CUSTOMER LOSES

324 of 406 Kohls Reviews
May 29, 2012
review #321282

The new policy for returns using your KOHLS cash is a lose lose for the customer.I got KOHLS cash, I have to spend it between the dates posted, I am not allowed to used a 15%,20% 30% promotional discount.

Which means they make 100% of the 10.00 dollar incentive. I bougth 50.00 worth of merchandise I returned a 13.00 dollar item. I used my KOHLS cash for 10.00 nail polish. When I went to make the return I am told you used your KOHLS cash so we will be giving you 3.00 dollars back.

If I bought that same nail polish when I had a 30%, 20% or 15% off coupon I would not spend 10.00 on it I would spend 7.00 best case and 8.50 worst case. I lost 1.50 or 3.00 any way you want to look at it. The Customer loses.

this is the case for a return when you get KOHLS cash (store incentive) also if I returned the Nail polish they will give me a store credit not cash.This policy chaged is bad news for customer and bad news for KOHLS they have already lost my business how about you!!

b03a066
Had an experience with Kohls?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
324 of 406 Kohls Reviews

Apr 01

and the prices are always higher when you get to spend the KOHLS CASH SCAM COUPON

Nov 02, 2013

Kohls cash is a scam. Wby give a coupon if you are going to take it back over and over again.

par

Jan 16, 2013

So over the KOHLS CASH coupon thing. Without the coupons the prices are higher then other stores.

cash coupon

Dec 21, 2012

cash coupon not cash

KOHLS CASH SCAM

Dec 17, 2012

Well it wasn't enough for KOHLS to take it back in one direction. Now they are taking it back when you spend the KOHLS CASH also (I know you earned it at that point and should get a STORE CREDIT) but no they are now taking it back started around BLACK FRIDAY,

logic

Dec 17, 2012 Detroit, Michigan

Yup new policy look it up and learn to read the back of coupon. If you don't want the coupon pay it forward and quit thinking your entitled to everything.

@ LOGIC

Dec 17, 2012

Another slow night at KOHLS!

logic

Dec 17, 2012 Detroit, Michigan

Nope got lines going toward the back and people love us why? Because we paid for a womens purchase that was over $1600. Yup, just Kohls making dreams come true. :p

give it away

Dec 18, 2012

Not the paying ones!! Give it away and they will come!!

Logic, @ Give it away

Dec 18, 2012

your comment contradicts itself :zzz

carole

Dec 14, 2012

wow this has been happening for a long time.

written Consumerist

Dec 07, 2012

What Kohl’s Does When It Ships An Extra Item: Charges Me For It, Denies A Refund
December 7, 2012 By Mary Beth Quirk

(dno1967b)
Consumerist reader Rebecca sounds like a reasonable person. Sure, she’s jealous of the people (this reader and then this reader, too)who get extra iPads sent to them by Best Buy, but she’s not expecting any kind of freebies from Kohl’s in the same situation with a different product. But instead of even a simple “Thanks for noticing we messed up!” she got punished for trying to do the right thing and return the extra item.
She writes in that she ordered a Keurig B70 Platinum Brewer, and a few days later, another one arrived on her doorstep with an identical invoice to the first one.
Being the good consumer that she is, she called Kohl’s and explained the situation.
I was told that I could either schedule a pick-up to send the item back or return it to the store. If I didn’t, I my Kohls’ card would be charged. Three days after the unordered package came, my Kohl’s card was charged for the price of the extra item.
Okay, fine, she thought — although we doubt Kohl’s is even in its rights to charge her for something she didn’t order, and without her authorization — she’d return the dang thing.
She didn’t notice the charge right away and wasn’t able to return the coffee maker until the following week. She brought it into the store and asked customer service to reassure her that her card had
... Show more

lauren

Dec 06, 2012

Consumer Reports named Kohl's to their top ten "nice" companies on their annual "Naughty and Nice" list. They cite the no hassle return policy based on Consumer Reports staffers analysis and Facebook commentary.

lanieg

Dec 02, 2012 Fort Mill, South Carolina

Kohls offered me $4.00 for a new pair of Levi jeans that I tried to return. I can get more for them at a yard sale. I know Kohls NEVER sold the pants for $4.00. Did return another item, had a receipt for it. However, they asked for my Kohl's cash back. I did not have it. They deducted the Kohls cash I did not have, or remember even getting, from my refund. Lost me as a customer!

Tina

Dec 01, 2012 New York, New York

The new kohls cash policy is ridiculous!!

My 2 year old received a couple of outfits from a relative and they did not fit her. I tried to return them with the gift receipt and was told they would give me 0.27 for all of it. There is no way that anyone could buy 6 pieces of jumping bean clothes for 0.27... They couldn't even get 1 on clearance for that price. I had to do the return with my drivers license and they ended up giving me 6 a piece. Needless to say I told my elderly aunt about the experience and she was mortified!! Kohls cash is a reward for buying a t kohls and should be treated like a gift card purchase!!
She will not be buying anymore gifts from there and neither will I.

t

Dec 29, 2012

This is absurd, ESPECIALLY when returning items using a gift receipt. How embarrassing for the person who actually purchased the items; makes them look so cheap. Kohl's will be losing my business, especially for items purchased as gifts.

yo

Nov 20, 2012 Sullivan, Missouri

You people who constantly whine and complain about piddly stuff never cease to amaze me. These promo's are FREE incentives to customers. Why do you think you are OWED anything when you try to return your items. You are NOT losing money if the money is FREE. Of course, expecting handouts is becoming the American way, so why should retailers be excluded. If you don't like it, get over it. I don't work at a store, in fact I avoid them because inevitably I have to stand there behind some whining brat and listen to their bu!!$#!t about some insignificant little problem as they abuse store personnel and show their @$$.

Tina

Dec 01, 2012 New York, New York

Nothing in life is free.... They give you kolhs cash for having made a purchase. It is a reward to get you back in the store to buy more. Usually they give you back 10 on a 50 purchase, which is equivalent to a 20% discount. Considering that most items in those stores have a 200,300 or 400% markup they can more than afford it.

lanieg

Dec 02, 2012 Fort Mill, South Carolina

They charged me for "Kohls cash" I neither used, nor remembered ever receiving. Also offered me $4.00 to return a new pair of Levi's. Not expecting "something for nothing". I expect honesty. They don't have it. They explained they have no way of knowing if the unknown Kohls cash was used, or even given to me. They "had to assume" it was.....Too many decent stores that treat customers right for me to ever return.

wow

Jan 28, 2013 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

they sure can tell if you used the kohls cash! Every transaction has a number and the computer can follow every return/exchange from that unique transaction number.

1-20 of 117 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.